Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Chapter 2: You Are Not An Accident

You Are Not An Accident

You birth was not a mistake, your parent might not of planned you but God did. He planned your race, color of skin, hair, and every feature of you. God planned everything to your talents to how long you would live. God made you because he knew that your parents were the correct genetic makeup to create something special like you. God designed you with a purpose in mind. You were created as a special object of God’s love! God made you so he could love you. This is a truth to build your life on.

This poem by Russell Kelfer sums it up:

You are who you are for a reason.
You’re part of an intricate plan.
You’re a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God’s special woman or man.

You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You’re just what he wanted to make.

The parents you had were the ones he chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom-designed with God’s plan in mind,
And they bear the Master’s seal.

No, that trauma you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into his likeness you’d grow.

You are who you are for a reason.
You’ve been formed by the Master’s rod.
You are who you are , beloved,
Because there is a God!

Day Two
Thinking About My Purpose

Point to Ponder: I am no an accident

Verse to Remember: “I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born.” Isaiah 44:2

Question to Consider: I know that God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?

The one most common one that everyone can’t except including me is image. I never think I look good enough for people or I always think I can look better. I don’t know another one that I struggle to accept is the fact that my parents are divorced and I dislike my father and don’t talk to him. I accept the fact why my mom divorced him I just can’t get over the fact that yes he created me and I do love him. It is a hard thing to get through my head. One personality thing I struggle with is that I am too nice to everyone. People always say that it is a bad thing. I would like you input on what you think. Should I be mean to some people and be nice to others?

3 comments:

LilQuack said...

Hello Matthew, I just started the book yesterday. I also have the problem of being too nice to people, my hubby tells me to not cross the line as people take advantage. My main problem is I get terribly confused whether to be nice and do the right thing or to be strictly business. If I choose to be strictly business somehow I feel very bad about it. If I choose nice, I'm seen as weak. It's a tough. Some days I avoid to get in this situation so that I don't need to choose. All the best, I look forward to improving along as I read the book.

Unknown said...

please help me understand miscarriages and still-borns.

Unknown said...

Hello, 1 year late but I hope this might answer you at the very least. God is the most high being. He is the only one who can understand everything.

God gave you this battle because He made you so strong that He knew from the very start you would overcome it. Just rest in his promises. Sooner you'll understand why things happen to you and why God chose you to carry this cross.