Monday, December 11, 2006

Chapter Three: Clutter

Just a thought on Chapter Three that will answer the five questions in Trotters post.

Knowing your purpose gives meaning to your life.
Knowing your purpose simplifies your life.
Knowing your purpose focuses your life.
Knowing your purpose motivates your life.
Knowing your purpose prepares your for eternity.


Those are all very loaded questions, and it shouldn't be so easy to answer any of them. But when I read over all of those quetsions my mind kept going to one word: Clutter. There is so much clutter in my life that is just simply not that important. Things I worry abou that don't need my worries.

Take these questions and apply them to a day when you wake up and you are just flat out BUSY. I'm talking class, homework, athletics, band, just everything is going on at once. Group projects are due, test tomarrow, told someone you'd hang out with you, messages to respond to, facebook wall posts are building up (haha). What happens if you try to do all of these things at once? exactly...NOTHING (maybe you respond to the wall posts...but even still that really doesn't count for much).

Now, if you write out everything you need to do, and go through the checklist one by one, how much easier does that make it to get everything done. It's a lot easier to be productive because you are focussed and concentrated on one goal, how much does that simplify things...now you don't have to do this and this and this. You have to do ONE thing. Finished. You have to do ONE thing....ANYWAY, you see my point.

Now, apply this scenario to a bigger picture, you're life. KNOWING YOUR PURPOSE, makes you have to do ONE thing. and focussing on that ONE thing allows everything else to fall into place, and if it doesn't fall into place, that's probably just your opinion. I need to focus more on GOD, that is the one thing I need to do. He is the only perfection that I know of. If I focus my life more on God, I become selfless, I become invinceable, because people can take my money, my name, my life, but they can't take my beliefs.

1. GIVE MEANING TO YOUR LIFE
2. SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE
3. FOCUS YOUR LIFE
4. MOVTIVE YOUR LIFE
5. PREPARE YOURSELF FOR ETERNITY

all 5 things can be accomplished by KNOWING YOUR PURPOSE.

2 comments:

Deana said...

I stumbled onto this site from Noah's DSU blog. After reading a few entries, I'd encourage you all to check out opportunties for sharing your faith abroad. I spent time during two summers in a short-term missionary stint as an ESL teacher in China. Those experiences changed my life, strengthening my faith and helping me find the purpose in my life. My only regret was that I hadn't pursued those things while I was an undergrad. Various church organizations offer short-term opportunities and scholarships for undergrads. If you wait until after you graduate, you are more likely to have to raise funding yourself like I did. It still is a worthwhile opportunity, but it becomes a more difficult thing to do once you have a job and bills and all the normal clutter of a regular life.

Anonymous said...

On this day it give me great joy and happiness to thank Dr.RACHEL for his great help by restoring my relationship within 48 hours and my relationship has become so good and filled with love, Since the help of Dr.RACHEL my lover has always treat me with so much love and now we are planning to get married within this month and i don't want to disclose the date yet. But at this moment i just want people to know how and where to get there lover back within 48 hours. The details are: +2348122389954 or via email mrsrachelweisz@yahoo.co.uk These details have saved a lot of broken relationship and marriages so you don't need to waste time in contacting him.