Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Chapter Two

You are Not an acccident.



The question to consider at the end of the book is: What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept.

With this question in mind I have to say my biggest personallity flaw is my patience, combined with my competitive spirit. It's not bad to be competitive but sometimes I take that level to an extreme, constantly comparing myself to others, which can leave me feeling bitter or even jealous. I also seem to have a problem wanting to commit to things at times. Sometimes, I want people to like me so much that I try to hard, which might have something to do with the commitment problem. I want to be around eveyone all the time and it's frustrating when you have to pick to do something that will please someone and upset someone else. It might be in relationships or it might just be planning out what I'm doing next weekend, but I have a problem knowing or saying exactly what I want.

The whole point of this chapter is that God made me like this for a reason. I think maybe he made me like this to remind me that I still have plenty of obstacles to conquer. It's a matter of going back and trying to live for him. Most of the problems in my life seem to occur when I choose to do selfish activities as opposed to selfless.

1 comment:

Matthew Trotter said...

Yeah i totally agree with you Noah. I am in the same boat with trying to make everyone happy and never knowing what to do. I think the thing is that you need to be able to get along with everyone, but don't have to please everyone. I struggle with the same thing. If they are your true friends they would understand that you do have other friends and should not get mad or upset at you. I totally agree that living through Jesus Christ you are going to realize that making those decision will be so much easier.