Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Temporary Assignment

Rick Warren says in this chapter that one of the first things you will say when you get to Heaven is,

"Why did I place so much importance on things that were so temporary?"

The most important things in my life are the things I spend the most time on, spend the most money on, and enjoy most. But, most of those things are not going to matter once my life on Earth is over, most of those things aren't going to fulfill God's 'assignment' for my life.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18

This verse really puts my life into perspective. It's a daily reminder of the focus I should have for my life. By spending more time with God through prayer and reading His Word, I can have a better perspective on the important things in life. No matter how busy and full my days get; it's important to remember that God is with me 24/7.

No comments: